Carry this information with you along with other important documents in your hand-carry luggage.
Share a copy with family/friends who need to know.
Please note time differences when making calls:
¨ Americus, Georgia (GV headquarters) is on Eastern Standard Time.
¨ For Papua New Guinea, from the East Coast, you have to add 14 hours (ie: at 9pm Sunday night in New York, it is 11am on Monday morning in PNG)
¨ For Singapore, where most of us have a layover before entering PNG and upon departure of PNG, you have to add 12 hours (ie: at 9pm Sunday night in NY, it is 9am on Monday morning in Singapore)
If you experience delays or problems while traveling, you can notify your team leaders if you think it is necessary:
1) by email at
2) call our son, Anders, in Oregon at 541-915-3494. If you don’t show up at a designated time, we’ll know to contact him to see if you’ve called.
3) leave a message at the Oxford Hotel in Singapore at (65) 6334- 9633
4) try to send an email to the Oxford Hotel with instructions to contact your team leaders email@example.com
5) leave a message with the PNG national office representatives (Elaine Namuesh 675-472-0113/692 1001, or Martin Petrus 675-472—0113/691 0440)
6) call the Asia Pacific coordinator, Allyson Drinnon, at 1-800-422-4828, ext 7527
If you experience a medical emergency while traveling on your own, contact:
MEDEX Travelers Assistance Network (24/7)
Policy number 6404-54-47, MEDEX code CHB
1-800-527-0218 OR 1-410-453-6330 (US)
If you experience trouble making this call, use the emergency GV cell phone, in Americus, Georgia, at 229-938-8870
For your families, in an EMERGENCY, have them use one of these numbers (remind them of the time difference indicated above) – if they have trouble making an overseas call, they should use one of the other two options.
1) leave a message with the PNG national office representatives (Elaine Namuesh 675-472-0113/692 1001, or Martin Petrus 675-472—0113/691 0440)
2) call the Asia Pacific coordinator, Allyson Drinnon, at 1-800-422-4828, ext 7527
3) call the Global Village emergency cell phone in Americus, Georgia at 229-938-8870 or the director, David Minich at the office 229-942-6935, ext 2547, or his home 229-928-9341